Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Chocolate Lover's DREAM....


Last week the sexxy sequal Sex and the City 2 premiered and like women everywhere, I took the opportunity to participate in an unforgetable girls' night out with my ladies!!! We started the evening indulging in chocolate at a local chocolatier/restaurant, viewed the movie, and topped it off with dinner at the nearby Legal Seafood. The movie and dinner were both GREAT btw, but that is the least of this post!!!

Before the movie my girlfriends and I met to have pre-movie lunch, drinks and dessert at the local Chocolate restuarant and lounge CoCo Sala (located @ 9th & Fstreet NW, D.C)....this place is HOTT & a must try if you are in the DMV (D.C, Maryland, Virginia) anytime soon!!! It prides itself on its chocolate (which is made in house), trendy atmosphere, and Signature Cocktails...

It was the bestii'' and mine second time visiting this restaurant. The first time we went was on a Saturday evening and the ambiance was slightly more invigorating with the lowered lights, handsome bartenders, monitors displaying romantic and chocolate images, HOTNESS!!!

Between my first and second times trying CoCo Sala, I had the opportunity to try a few of their menu staples including the; CoCojito (Mojito served with Chocolate infused vodka, mint leaves and topped with flakes of dark chocolate), the Gingerly (among the sweetest of their drinks, topped with a frozen, chocolate covered banana) and their signature Rose' Champagne "Sex", which, in actuality is Rose' with a swirl of chocolate served at the bottom of the flute...Sex is also served with a number of their signature desserts like the White & Milk Chocolate covered strawberries we had that was served with a pipette filled with the champagne. The purpose? You inject the champagne before biting into the fruit for an explosion of chocolate/strawberry/champagne bliss!!!

BTW, I can't wait to have their Chocolate Cupcake Chaser; If having this signature dessert, one chooses the liquor they'd like to inject into the cake before eating....**details ASAP when I try this**

GOOD STUFF!!!!!

If dampening your pallette isn't the only thing up your sleeve then, as far as the food goes, I would suggest the crabcake which, of course, is served with a delicious line of chocolate on the side and a side salad, and the Shrimp Mac & Cheese (BOMB.COM BTW)!!!!! Also, per my first time at CoCo Sala I picked up that their Churos are quite delish as well! It seemed like everyone was ordering the pastry which is served with a side of Dulce de leche (lol, spell check).

Overall, I liked the place...I had great service, my taste buds are thankful for the experience and I will be going back to this place SOON!!!

WARNING!!! If you're looking to get FULL during your visit to CoCo Sala then think again or be prepared to shell out more money than planned as the portions at the place are tiny.

RESTAURANT URL::: http://www.cocosala.com/

8 comments:

sunshinestar110 said...

I wish i could say i had a great experience there but i didn't and shall never be returning there ever again!

Lipglass and Handbags said...

OH NO!!! What happened?!?

dating diva said...

I've always heard Coco Sala is great, but haven't checked it out yet. Thanks for the heads up, it's now on my to-do list!

xx,

Sweet Dee

Lipglass and Handbags said...

Yes go!! Tell me about it!!

Anonymous said...

Hello All...

My name is Bharet and I am the owner of Co Co. Sala. THANK YOU for the gracious comments and such a well written and energetic review. I really appreciate it.

For the individual that had a bad experience, all I can say is "I apologize". Feel free to email me your experience off of the website as I never want to leave someone with a bad taste.

Thanks for reading and I am very thankful for the support and kind words.

Have a remarkable week!

Bharet

Jess said...

Right now SocialBuy.com has a deal on MINX nails for people in So Cal - $42 for a minx mani or pedi at Platinum Image Services on Melrose in LA http://bit.ly/c32Lgy

Lipglass and Handbags said...

Thank you very much Bharet!! I'm glad you approved of and genuinely liked the post! I enjoyed your restaurant and will be back in the near future! Keep up the good work!

sunshinestar110 said...

Now the food was great and so was my waitress but the overall experience was the worst. The hostess was rude accused me of lying to her about someone from the restaurant calling me. We argued about it for about 10mins before I had enough and decided to leave but she caught me before I walked out and said she would try and sit us. Not once did anyone apologize for the confusion that was caused by whomever phoned me. A manager never came out to offer there apologies or to offer there help. I have emailed Coco Sala more than once about the situation and my experience and haven't heard back from them. So I will NEVER ever again visit coco sala or recommend to anyone i know.