Sunday, December 26, 2010

The year ahead my optimism...what's next?

With the holiday season winding down, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa!! I should recognize Kwanzaa this year. Amazing how that's never really caught on as one of the mainstream annual events in the African American community. However, pretty common to us all is the ensuing NEW YEAR! That's right we've made it through 2010 and have been blessed enough to make it to the end of the year to bid farewell to 2010 and usher in 2011.
I love the new year mostly because I love the allure of the unknown. Like children that just can't go to sleep on Christmas eve wondering what Santa will bring for them on Christmas morning, I believe, as adults, New Years Eve is our "Christmas" so to speak a mystery for us to solve over the next 365 days but a story for us to write all our own. Every new year, I wonder who will I meet, where will I go, what or who will make me cry, and who or what will make me smile in the upcoming year....It's exciting! This year I'm lookin forward to;

1. Starting my own business: YES! There is no time like the present and procrastination is the enemy! I'm gonna step out on a limb in 2011 and see my dream come true. So far all looks promising. Step 1, apply for my business license and register the name. I need to pick a name. I'm down to three.

2. I want to do more of ALL of those things that I enjoy in 2011 whether I have a partner in crime or not! Horseback riding, pole dancing, a mini trip or two, hot yoga, I don't even know what else but I have realized that I don't need to have anyone with me to do what I want, soooo whatever it is...imma go for it! I want to have more fun even if it's alone!

3. CHURCH!! I fell off in 2010 and simply put, I have to do better. I will be there in 2011 for Sunday service, Bible Study, and tithing. There really is no excuse for my absenteeism...NONE!

4. I'm going to guard my heart more starting in 2011 and be more real to myself! Quality should always trump quantity and while I have plenty of "friends" around me, I have been forced to realize via unfortunate situations that my friendship is no reciprocated with some, loyalty isn't as important to others as it is me and while that's fine, I will guard my heart in that regard.

5. Okay, okay, so do not and I repeat DO NOT judge me with this next one, but I do want to get in tip top shape in the new year. I love the gym I go to but honestly, it's these RATCHED eating habits I need to get in check.

6. SAVINGS! SAVINGS! SAVINGS! I will do more that in 2011, I mean honestly...i'm horrible with money sometimes...I could have a mansion or that beautiful Jaguar XJ if I wasn't so careless with my spending...smh! Imma do it and I can't wait to see the accumulation on NYE 2011!!!

So that's my New Years Goal list! I'm gonna stick to it too checking back periodically to check my progress, and then again at the end of the year to prayerfully check everything off!!!

No comments: