Thursday, December 31, 2009

A GREAT love lost...goodbye 2009*

This New Years Eve is a bittersweet one filled with smiles and invisible tears, as my heart grows more and more reluctant to open up to the new unknown, 2010. The last 364 days have been a complete whirlwind of happy times, better times, fun times and adventurous times!! In short, 2009 was the year that I actually had a real life love affair with. Now it's time to say goodbye and like the rest of them, this love affair too, is coming to an end, never to return again...BUT i'm not sad about this one....this decade has made it's impact. I'm eternally grateful for what the last 10years has bought me, taught me and steered me from. I was a girl of 12years going into year 2000, i'm a woman now going into 2010 with independence, self assurance, worldly knowledge, and Bachelors degree in tow. I SMILE about that because with all the last 10years has bought me, it has still ONLY introduced me to the journey that will reveal my destiny. Sent me off with a bang, 2009 was the truth!!! The seventh grader that I started the decade as had no idea what would lay ahead....so much has occured:

1. United States entered 2 wars
2. Tuesday September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks
3. I lost numerous friends and cousins to violence, 3 grandparents to ailments, and motherhood ended before it started
4. Thursday June 2, 2005 I became a high school graduate
5. August 2005 I began college....University of Maryland Eastern Shore
6. February 2006 I met the love of my life
7. April 2007 I lost my beloved Grandmother Edna to Alzheimers & Breast Cancer
8. June 2007 experienced the most horrible breakup ever for me anyway
9. October 2007 I lost my Grandfather John Thomas Bennett
10. December 2007 I was initiated into the Alpha Phi Sigma Criminal Justice Honor Society
11. March 2008 My other grandfather William Crawford passed of kidney failure
12. November 2008 I was finally eligible to vote in my first Presidential Election and had the option to vote for a black man
13. December 2008 I turned 21...a woman at last
14. January 2009 President-Elect Barack Obama was inaugurated as the first African American President of the United States of America and I was there in the FREEZING COLD
15. April 2009 I finally got to visit the Motown Hitsville studios in Detroit Michigan
16. MAY 2009 I BECAME A COLLEGE GRADUATE WHEN I ACCEPTED MY B.S DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE
17. June 2009 my first concert @ Madison Square Garden....so pressed*** THE KING OF POP/ENTERTAINMENT MICHAEL JACKSON DIES...never WANTED to see the day!!!
18. July-August 2009 DISNEY WORLD!!! BEST vacay ever!!!

19. August 2009-I started my first job out of college and couldn't be HAPPIER!!!
20. December 2009-I had the best birthday party i'd ever been too....22 BABY!!!!
21. December 2009-I'm STILL in and experiencing LOVE***

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!! MAY THE NEXT 10 YEARS BE EVEN BETTER!!

No comments: