Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bookworm Bloggin...


So, I said in the new year I wanted to get back into reading and so far, so good and I joined a bookclub @ work! I started off the new year reading the work of a familiar author (familiar to me anyway) KiKi Swinson. Her most popular book would probably be WIFEY. I read Wifey back in 2007 and it was good. I managed to stay interested and finish the book. After finishing I heard of the sequal I'm Still Wifey and of course wanted to read it. So my first two books this new year were I'm Still Wifey and Life After Wifey. Both books gave more enthusiasm, drama then the first......all surrounding the main character Kira. LADIES, read WIFEY!!! I'm the only person I know besides an old friend that has read the book but it's worth it, if for nothing else to finish the story with Life After Wifey!!! KiKi served, in Life After, drama, sex, the realness of the streets, deception, love....LOL!!! There were a few times that I found myself so into that book (Life After...) that I was feeling every emotion the characters were feeling; fear, love, lust, arrogance, etc, etc, etc....I love the African American urban novels, and for anyone else who does as well, the Wifey series is a MUST READ!!!!

SO...I'm searching the web while in the middle of this post and discovered "Still Wifey Material" as the fourth book in the Wifey series. Will keep you posted on how I like this one because i'm definitely getting ready to order it......

No comments: