Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bond 45...


If you've been to the National Harbor within the past month then you are aware of the new Italian Steakhouse that opened there May 1st by the name of Bond 45. I didn't try it until this past Friday night...dinner with my mom!!

I was impressed, I mean IMPRESSED with the level of customer service we received from the moment we walked in the door at this place. Considering the fact that the place just opened May 1st, i'm sure this is to lure first time customers into regular diners, but I was pleased and would hope that Bond 45 will keep this up in their new Maryland location. There is another Bond 45 location in New York. I'm kind of interested to see how the two locations compare with one another. Maybe i'll checkout the New York location when I visit later this month.

Anywho, I had a good time at Bond 45 with my mom...the setting is perfect; dim lighting, walk through kitchen, right off the water, and my waiter was a huge help when it came to my deciding on what to eat for dinner. My mom, an avid steak lover, settled on the 14oz. New York Strip. I, on the other hand, got what they called their "Crab steak." It's actually just two jumbo lump crabcakes shaped in the form of a steak...not too left field, just shaped differently!!

My waiter suggested I get the crab steak with a side of grilled shrimp and scampi sauce. He poured the shrimp and sauce over my food and for a seafood/shellfish lover this was PERFECTION!!!! The meal was a great way to top off a great Friday.

All the sides at Bond 45 are served family style. Mom and I chose the Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli Rabe. The Mashed Potatoes were a hit but the Broccoli not so much with me. It had a charred taste that I didn't care for.

All in all we had a great time, and I did order the Tiramisu (my weakness anywhere) for dessert!!!

I will pay Bond 45 a visit again and order the Lobster stuffed with shrimp and crab, roasted red potatoes....

Unlike the last restaurant I reviewed, Co Co Sala, Bond 45 is an Italian restaurant so if you decide to pay them a visit bring your appetite and a loaded wallet the fair isn't cheap!! However, I found it to be well worth the $$$....Bond 45 @ National Harbor!!!


The URL to Bond 45's website is: http://www.thefiremangroup.com/nationalharbor.htm
They're website says they're hiring too!!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome comment however Bond 45 has been open since February. They change their menu regularly so you should check back. RIght now they do not have many of the sides but they will come back on the next iteration of the menu